Movado Bold Watches: One Indication That It’s Fake
With wide range of prices to play with, these fake watch manufacturers have a sort of edge over the legit businessmen. They can buy the same Movado units at prices hundreds of dollars less than the legit prices. Anyway, with a quick glance, there’s really no way you can tell. But with careful examination, take note of this one thing: the weight. If you’ve got no idea of what I am talking about here, try visiting a Movado boutique and see how it feels on your wrist. The weight’s just exact but there’s something there that will tell you it’s SOLID.
The BOLD Type Is Heavier
Now try the BOLD type. It’s a lot more solid and the clasps are very tight. You will feel the strong kind of grasp and then the weight’s just putting the watch in its place steadily.
Movado Bold Watches: More Tips On Spotting The Fake Ones
The weight is not the only criterion. Do the following to make sure you are not being fooled.
- Some of these watches are made of brass – a lot heavier than the stainless steel that’s used in the authentic ones. If the price’s too low, it is most probably a knockoff.
- Pins are used to hold metal pieces of the bracelet together or the bracelet and the watch together. Instead of pins, you should see SCREWS!
- It’s got to be 100% money-back guarantee. Only those who are engaged in selling fake Movados withhold such customer privilege.
- Check the movements. It’s got to be precise and shouldn’t appear small and cheap.
- Are there some words that are misspelled? Aside from this, the printing should be crisp. You should also see a phrase on the watch’s face – Movado Swiss Made or Movado or just Swiss Made. And if the logo is written in small letters, you can be sure it’s fake.
- The logo may also be a little misplaced or altogether, it is in the wrong place. The logo is normally placed on the back cover on the side facing the internal part of the watch.
- If the price is lower than $500, think twice. Online stores sell most of Movado units at around this price or it can go up to $2500. I did see some units in the internet sold at prices around 300 but these are rare items. I didn’t see anything like $150 – that’s really suspicious!
Hunting For The Real Ones
There are 25 Movado stores operating all over the country. If there’s none near your place, it will be best to call them and confirm with them which retail stores they have legitimate dealings with. And if you want it to be delivered in a few days, ask them which online stores are selling the real Movado Bold Watches you are looking for.